Thursday, November 16, 2006

WIP Wednesday...a little late


Yesterday, I went to Rebecca's house to try out making my own batik. Apparently at one time I thought I might be Amish, and I had a surprising amount of solids in my stash. I decided to try out this teal one. Now, all I have managed to do so far is put the wax on it. But hopefully tomorrow I can discharge it and see how it looks. Drawing with wax was completely relaxing. I must have worked for over an hour just playing with it. Next time, and there will be a next time, I will have a plan.

7 comments:

sophie said...

Who need a plan? Apparently NOT you. Your piece looks great. I can't wait to see the "after"

Rian said...

Hey, that's pretty cool. I can't wait to see where this goes.

The Calico Cat said...

Faith, Hope & Fish, huh?

Anonymous said...

Quite a nice piece, there. Will you be able to cut it up and use it?

Debra Dixon said...

Plans are overrated when it comes to being free and creative! (*wink*) Just have some fun and see where it leads you!

Kay said...

This sounds like fun--bet it felt good to play for awhile. So you will discharge the unwaxed parts instead of dying them? Please post again as this continues.

laura west kong said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait to see the finished piece.