Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Laura Cater Woods

Laura Cater Woods talked to the Fiber Arts Alliance of which I am a member last Thursday. She is a wonderful woman. She really got to know the audience in the two hours we were there and she spoke personally to every one. I found her very inspiring and have been looking at my plans for next year differently after meeting her. She gave a weekend long workshop, which I could not attend. However, if she is ever in town again, I will make every effort to be there. Rebecca attended the weekend workshop and you can read about it on her blog. I am excited about getting together for coffee with her and seeing where she is going with her new found inspiration. Anyway, the political quilt is coming out of my brain and onto paper and cloth. Last night during the 3 am feeding, I designed two in my head. Now I have to see if I still like them in the morning and if I can get them out of my head and onto paper.

4 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Good! I know that political quilt has been hibernating awhile so it will be cool to see what you have to say. Go For It!

Is Sam doing fine?

Rian said...

The most inspired quilts come into concept at 3 AM!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Am anxious to see what you've come up with.

Isn't it exciting when you get some ideas and a new direction!?

Granny Fran said...

Thanks for the links; I love Cater-Woods' quilts and Rebecca's piece was wonderful.

Isn't the incubation of a new quilt a great experience?!