Monday, November 20, 2006

What's in My Purse?


Rian wanted to know what us big purse women carry in our giant bags. So here are the contents of my purse...

For the kids I carry two sizes of diapers, a box of wipes, various toys including multiple vehicles, books, and games, two pacifiers, and some extra pieces of clothing like socks and hats. I also carry hair bows in the hope that one day my daughter might actually wear one for me.

For myself I have my wallet, my check book, lipstick, lip balm, various gift cards and coupons, always some piece of paper work from either the pediatrician or one of the schools or my daughter's medical study, and lots of pens. I also have my keys and cell phone at all times. I have only recently started carrying a lipstick. I never used lipstick until I moved south.

When I get ready to leave the house, I add juice boxes or sippy cups, fruit snacks, crackers, and sometimes the camera.

I just emptied a bottle of hand sanitizer and have not put the new one it, so that is one more thing.

My keys--we have three cars and two houses, each with two keys, so that is nine keys right there. Plus I have keys to the houses of my brothers-in-law since I water their plants when they are out of town. I have also been known to stick dinners in their fridges or other little presents for them or their wives during the day. I guess I do have a lot of keys.

I really love this diaper bag that my sister-in-law gave me. It has fabric from one of my favorite designers, Amy Butler. I made my sister-in-law a hand bag with this fabric in another colorway for her birthday after she had ordered this bag. I guess we have similar tastes.

8 comments:

Rian said...

Jules, that is truly priceless! I am smiling through and through because I am so glad someone else has to carry all that gear and not me. Thanks for playing. Yours is the best!

Rian said...

Oh--I forgot to tell you--you get extra credit for the neat and organized way you arranged your contents.

Debra Dixon said...

I think you need a wagon to carry all that stuff not a purse!

Anonymous said...

Hum...I think Debra is right...you need one of those wheeled thingies! You definately have more than me...and I thought I had a big bag - though I remember well the days when the kids were small and all the stuff that gets hauled around...we had to buy me a station wagon (remember those?!) when the kids were tiny so I could fit the playpen in the back - these days they colapse way further down, but mine only folded in half!
--suze

My Brain on Quilts said...

Oh happy day when Sophia was potty trained. I quickly packed away the diaper bag purses and bought a hip sack. Well that lasted about two minutes and now I'm back to a sling bag!

laura west kong said...

My big purse is in shambles and not fit to be seen publicly. Now when I need to carry things for my DD, I usually end up bringing along a tote bag too.

Deb Hardman said...

You need a much bigger purse when you have a young family!

Granny Fran said...

That is a good looking bag and I like your carefull arrangement of contents. Babies and old folks require a lot of gear.