Saturday, July 05, 2008

Fort Pierce

I just got back from two weeks in Fort Pierce, Florida. We stayed in my sister's beach front condo. I'll post some pictures soon. I am trying not to fall back off the face of the earth. But, we don't have internet access at the condo. My husband did go into town to the Panera to do some work one day and use their Wifi. However, I didn't think it would be nice to take my gluten free child to Panera, so I didn't go.

Right before I left, I finished the t-shirt quilt. I forgot to take a picture before I delivered it. But, it went to the home of a professional photographer, so I am going to ask for a picture of it. Do you think that would be ok?

I got interviewed for an article for the Atlanta paper, but I was not mentioned. Oh well.

I am up to running a mile now. I want to be to three before school starts in the middle of August. It is hot, though. Right now, I run the first mile, walk 5 minutes, run another 5 minutes, walk 5 minutes, etc. until I have gone three miles.

I am currently reading The History of the Ancient World by Susan Wise Bauer. I am reading the children's version, Story of the World, to my seven year old. We are both learning a lot. He is fascinated by ancient Egypt. I can see a chicken mummy showing up in my life this week. He made the Sphinx out of sand at the beach.

I finished the calculus class. I am amazed at how much calculus I remember, and was surprised at how much you can do on a graphing calculator. Wow!

No comments: