Friday, July 11, 2008

Abstract??


At Fiber Art Fusion, a friend said she was going to try to work in non-abstract (I know there is a word, but it is escaping me) for a change. Well, I decided to try something more abstract. So I am trying some 5x7 pieces with different techniques. On this one, I just sewed various blue-green fibers onto a black piece of fabric. The black fabric was fused to a piece of interfacing to facilitate sewing. I used invisible thread and my darning foot with a small zigzag stitch. Then I fused it to a piece of Peltex for stability. Here is a close-up shot.


I think this could make a good ocean background. I was going to add some shells, but I really like it the way it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, luscious colors. I like it just the way it is, too. But shells would be cool.

Margaret said...

A big WOW, Julie. You are doing lots of new things. An inspiration.