Monday, July 14, 2008

Another 5x7 and a Trip to Margaret's House


Well, blogger won't let me upload any pictures right now. Suffice it to say, I worked on another 5x7, and I was going to show it to you.

My three youngest and I visited my friend Margaret this morning. I wish I could point you to a site with Margaret's beautiful work on it, but I don't think her work is on the internet anywhere. Margaret, we need to fix this problem. Margaret does the most exquisite bead work and crazy quilting. She is an important and integral part of Fiber Art Fusion. And she is one of the most generous people you could ever meet.

I mentioned in an email that I wanted to go bead shopping and asked for suggestions for bead stores. Margaret invited me over to shop in her home. (I would love to show you pictures of the beautiful beads Margaret gave me, but blogger won't let me.) Not only did she give me beautiful beads, she also gave me some sweet little ceramic pots, and some gorgeous velvet that Nicholas Kneil had given her. (And in my mind, it is leftovers from some beautiful designer gown that Nicholas was involved in making. Probably not, but I can pretend...)

Margaret also entertained my children with matchbox cars, colored pencils, an electric pencil sharpener (Sam is finally clean, Margaret,) and Mardi Gras beads. We have all been wearing bead necklaces all day.

So thank you a million times Miss Margaret. You are one sweet, classy, and wonderful lady!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Oh, Julie, it was MY pleasure. I watched your children and it was exactly like seeing a miracle incarnate. They were (are) PRECIOUS! And you are so welcome! Come again is all I can say...soon. Love,