I got this from Amy's blog and thought it would be an interesting exercise for me.
Visitor to Your Hometown
1. Your visitor wants to see something historical. Where would you take her and why?
I would take her to the Martin Luther King Center. I find it amazing how many people refuse to go there because they don't want people to think of the South 'that way.' Anyway, being a child of the 70's, I found it very interesting and like to share it with other people. My mom taught at an HBCU (historically black college/university) when I was growing up, so I met a lot of very educated black women. Having visited the King Center, I have an even greater admiration for these women than I did before.
2. She wants to see something hysterical…well, mildly amusing anyway. She’d even go for cute, quirky, odd, or unique. Where would you take her and why?
The Big Chicken. Can you get more odd, quirky, and unique? It is a KFC that actually still claims the word "fried". I have even made quilt blocks of it.
3. She wants to take some beautiful and/or interesting photos to fill her albums when she gets home. Where would you take her?
The Atlanta Botanical Gardens. I LOVE this place.
4. She’d like to buy a souvenir that will remind her of your area every time she sees it. What would you suggest and where would you go to get it?
Something from the World of Coca Cola. What could be more Atlanta than Coke?
5. Wow, it’s been a long day and you’re both ready for a snack, or maybe even a meal. Where would you take her to really get the flavor of your area?
Williamson Brothers BBQ. I took some visitors from Australia there once and they didn't order barbeque. The waitress informed them that grilled chicken and Polish sausage were not what you ordered at a BBQ restaurant and proceeded to bring them a pulled pork open-faced sandwich, beef brisket, beans, and brunswick stew. No complaints were heard from the Aussies.