Friday, April 13, 2007

Fun Shopping Day


I finally got to Fiber on a Whim and Nicholas Kniel today. And yes, Nicholas's shop is to die for. Ribbons, ribbons, everywhere. I had a hard time choosing. I cannot wait to go back when I have no kids with me. (Does that ever happen? Yes, but not very often.) Anyway, I got 6 different ribbons. My two year old has absconded with one of them. She is very into rainbows, and this one qualifies. So I have enough ribbon to make ten flowers to put on the Nursing Mom piece.

At Fiber on a Whim, I picked up this gorgeous piece of fabric. I don't know what I will do with it. I bought all that was left on the bolt. I have a sneaky suspicion that I bought a yard before. I'll have to look. I also got this thread to do some thread painting in Nursing Mom's hair. And this gorgeous bug to put on the piece somewhere, too.

But for now, I will get to work on the Trip Around the World. I hear Walter Reed needs quilts. So I will get this one done for them. And then maybe start another one...

3 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Pretty fabric!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Love the fabric.

Georgina said...

Thank you for those links, yesterday I was delighted watching those ribbonns they have.