Saturday, August 25, 2007

Arty Stuff

I finished the tree and turned it in for the gallery show. I forgot to take a picture, so I will take one of it in the gallery. I am working hard on Nursing Mom for it to go in a show in Novi, MI at the end of September.

Last Friday I attended a lecture by Pamela Allen at Fiber on a Whim. I loved it. I love her work. It is incredible. I also had a great time hanging out with my friends Becca, and Kristen and Jan who own Fiber on a Whim. I came away very inspired. I have been working on embellishing things more, and Pamela Allen was further inspiration to do that. (Of course, my original embellishing inspiration was Debra Spincic.)

Well, I need to go take care of children. More later.

3 comments:

jenclair said...

Hurry up with that picture, Jules!

I would love to have the opportunity to attend a lecture by Pamela Allen! Her work always appeals to me...in fact, I loved it when she was in mixed media, before she became such a quilting inspiration.

Rian said...

Isn't Pamela a riot? I took a class with her last year. She's so free-spirited.

Debra Dixon said...

Just about ready to begin the embellishment on my Tropical Tree of Life so you'll have to sneak a peek!