Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Quilting

I got my brown bag lady quilt quilted today. Actually, I was almost done last night, but the bobbin ran out and I was too tired to finish. Also, I hate quilting borders, and that is what was left. I thought I should do that while I was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. So now it is done. I just have to do the binding.

A friend and I pieced a top for the swim team coach. We ended up doing a Yellow Brick Road quilt in red, black, and white. Here is a bad picture of it.

The backing is in the wash, as we speak. I will quilt it in the next two days and then bind it. The swimmers will then sign the back of the quilt. We will have a little celebration to say goodbye to our coach right before he returns to UGA.

Dorothy has a good post on her blog. It is something I had to read in high school by Elizabeth Cady Stanton. I hope high school kids are still reading it today. Certainly Ms. Pfister, if she is still teaching, is still having people read it. I printed it out for my sixth grader to read...

5 comments:

Rian said...

I love red, white, and black together. When do we see brown bag lady???

My Brain on Quilts said...

I always wondered what's black and white with red all over!

Kewl, and I am glad you are working in your new studio!

Debra Dixon said...

Love your Quilt!! I went through a red, black and white phase & enjoyed every minute of it!

I can't wait to see what you do with your crazy quilt block. Practice with your face on a scrap first until you know the right pressure and amount of ink. I used rubberstamping last year on postcards and ARTImage pieces and had a great time. But, it can be tricky!

Rubberstamps would be good for your political quilt too.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Would love to see your new digs now that your "settled", lol. I sympathize...I've moved 24 times so far!

Thanks for your comment, I just get lazy sometimes!

Kim West said...

I like the Red/white/black YBR - very neat combo and looks great!