Thursday, April 27, 2006

Fell Off the Planet

I really feel like I fell off the planet last week. On Easter, my daughter was admitted to the ICU at Scottish Rite/Children's Healthcare of Atlanta due to severe hypoglycemia and dehydration from an unknown stomach virus. The next 48 hours were spent in the hospital with her, except the three I spent across the street being rehydrated myself. Anyway, we were both given excellent care, and the whole family is healthy again. And, even though I know they aren't reading this blog, I want to thank all the doctors and nurses that worked on and with my baby. They were all great!

More later....

6 comments:

Deb Geyer said...

Praise God for Doctors!

jenclair said...

Oh, I well know how scary this is; congratulations on recovery and wonderful health care.

My Brain on Quilts said...

Jules,

Awesome blog. Glad you are all better and I really hope you come to the Contemporary Quilt and Fiber Arts Alliance meeting on the 11th. I would love for you to meet my buddy Sharon and to come and play with fabric with us.

Becca

Granny Fran said...

Bless your heart, what a rough time with a child in the hospital. Glad you both got good care and good to have you back on the blog.

Kay said...

How scary! Glad everything is better now.

Deb H said...

I'll speak for the nurses, they say you're welcome. Even though I wasn't there, we nurses know most people are very grateful for the work we do.
I'm glad you're both better. I checked out the fun you had with your friends.I wish I could come play with you too. I have a close girlfriend in Michigan who likes to play like that with me, but since I live in Alaska, we don't get together very often anymore. That's why I blog! For this community of like-minded people. Thanks for being one of them.