Sunday, January 31, 2010

Knitting

So yesterday morning, a friend facebook-ed me (is that a verb?) and said to meet her and her knitting group at Panera. So I grabbed the only pair of knitting needles I have and a ball of yarn and went. My friend Kristin from Fiber on a Whim was there and she showed me how to cast-on and knit. It is fun and relaxing and portable. I have been knitting a few minutes here and there ever since yesterday. I know I said I was going to do this a couple of years ago, but this time, I really think I mean it. Maybe next week I can learn to purl. My biggest issue right now is that the part I already knit keeps getting in my way. I need to figure out how to hold it better.

More fiber news--I get to go to Fiber Art Fusion this month. Yea!! Molly Elkind is going to be the speaker. I am excited.

No comments: