Thursday, October 23, 2008

Someone to clean the house

I am seriously thinking of paying someone to clean the house. I just can't do it all. With three kids playing soccer every weekend, one taking ballet, one playing chess, and one playing tennis, doing robotics, playing the cello, etc. I just cannot keep up. So I think I will give up cleaning toilets and mopping floors. Is that ok?

That said, in geometry tomorrow we are starting a unit on similarity and proportion. I am kicking it off with a short clip from a DVD about the making of Star Wars. It is about how they used scale models to do the special effects. I hope the kids like it. They are also doing a project where they have to enlarge a piece of art. I gave them several choices, including pictures of both presidential candidates. Many of them would rather draw than eat, so I think they will have fun with it.

Well, I should try to get some sleep.

6 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I vote for hiring a maid!

Would pixelated pictures work in your lesson plan...

I am always amazed by the ones that are turned into quilts... Some of the bits of color that you would not use ordinarily add sparkel...

Debra Dixon said...

I would say cut one of the activities and teach the kids to clean the house.

Anonymous said...

You don't need out permission to hire a house cleaner; give yourself permission! Any woman working outside the home--never mind actively nurturing FOUR children at the same time!--deserves to spend some of her hard-earned pay on hired help--of whatever kind. DO IT! Now!

Me, I'd love to find someone to iron for me....

Anonymous said...

Make that OUR permission!

Rian said...

Yes, it's very ok. I have always wanted someone to clean my house and this year my prayers were answered. I couldn't be happier! It's the gift that keeps on giving.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I totally think it's a POSITIVE step for your family to hire outside cleaning help. It'll stop making you feel bad because it's not as clean and orderly as you'd like. Besides, you'll stimulate someone else's economy!

I had 3 girls all in varsity sports. The oldest was awarded 12 varsity letters. That, as you know, translates to alot of bleacher sitting for Mom. I wouldn't trade those years for anything.